The Sovereign You, LLC Cookie Notice
Effective 1 August 2022
Use of Cookie and Similar Technologies
What Are Tracking Technologies?
Cookies are small files—usually consisting of letters and numbers—placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners and their service providers or partners to make their websites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
These are the different types of Cookies used on our Sites:
· Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of our Sites (for example, to enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart). These Cookies enable you to move around the Sites and use their features. Disabling these Cookies will encumber the Sites’ performance and may make the features and service unavailable.
· Analytics and Customization Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on our Sites and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our Sites work. For example, we may use these types of Cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around a Site when they are using it. Analytics cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimize our Sites’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
· Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Advertising Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our Sites more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow delivery of advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. Delivery of interest-based advertising may involve us, our service providers and partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand side platforms. For example, if you look at a page on one of our Sites, we may cause an advertisement to be delivered to you, on our Site or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services. We and our service providers and partners may also append other data to information collected by these Cookies, including information obtained from third parties, and share this information with third parties for the purpose of delivering ads to you.
· Web Beacon. A Web Beacon is a very small clear picture file used to keep track of your navigation through a single website or a series of websites. They may also be referred to as “Web Bugs” or “Clear Gifs.” Web Beacons may be used with cookies to gain an understanding of how a website’s users navigate through the website.
How Do We Collect and Use Other Information?
We and our service providers may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including to:
· Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the Sites;
· Process your orders;
· Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our Sites;
· Deliver advertising, communications, and content from us and third parties, on our Sites and those of third parties, specific to your interests;
· Remember your language and other preferences;
· Help you obtain information you are looking for;
· Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
· Measure how many people use our Sites, and how they use them;
· To keep our Sites running efficiently.
How Long Do Tracking Technologies Stay on My Device?
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions—they do not expire when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “persistent” Cookies. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We and others use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Sites, how often you return, how your use of the Sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Other Cookies operate from the time you visit our Site to the end of that particular web browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “session” Cookies.
Who Puts Tracking Technologies on My Device?
Cookies may be placed on your device by The Sovereign You, LLC as the Site operator. These Cookies are called “first party” Cookies. Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than The Sovereign You, LLC. These Cookies are called “third-party” Cookies. For example, a The Sovereign You, LLC partner may place a third-party Cookie to enable online chat services or payment services.
Cookies may also be used that allow us and third parties to know when you visit our Sites, and to understand how you interact with emails, advertisements, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not identifying individual users (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from emails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the The Sovereign You, LLC Site or who clicked on links or graphics included in email newsletters received from The Sovereign You, LLC. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how The Sovereign You, LLC Sites are used, to perform analytics and help us to optimize our Sites, and to help serve you advertising based on your interests, as described in further detail below.
How Does The Sovereign You, LLC Use Online and Mobile Advertising?
We and third parties, including technology partners, and service providers engage in interest-based advertising to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third-party vendors are using Cookies to perform these services for us, The Sovereign You, LLC does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. We identify some resources in this Notice (see “How do I Manage Tracking Technologies” below) that can help you.
Ads may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behaviour (on The Sovereign You, LLC Sites or other sites), your search activity, your responses to one of our advertisements or emails, the pages you visit, your general geographic location, or other information. These ads may appear on our Sites or on third-party websites.
The technology partners with whom we work to help us conduct interest-based advertising may be members of self-regulatory associations. You may also see advertisements for third parties on our Sites or other websites or properties, based on your visits to, and activities on, our Sites and other sites.
How Do I Manage Tracking Technologies?
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your Internet browser’s settings. Most Internet browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings (Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies you may not be able to fully use the Site). You can find information online about how to manage Cookies. For example, the following links provide information on how to adjust the Cookies settings on some popular browsers:
You can also use a browser plug-in such as Ghostery. (A browser plug-in is a piece of software which adds extra capabilities to your browser—for example, to play video or scan for viruses). Adobe Flash Player is software for viewing multimedia on a computer. Websites that use Adobe Flash may store Flash Cookies. Flash Cookies may also be known as Flash Local Shared Objects (LSOs). The Sovereign You, LLC may use Flash LSOs to provide special content, such as video and animation playback.
How Does The Sovereign You, LLC Response to Do Not Track Signal?
There is currently no industry agreed upon response to a Do Not Track signal. Currently, The Sovereign You, LLC Services and Sites do not respond to a user’s Do Not Track signal.